The best classroom for this course is right here in our backyard — more divable wrecks than anywhere in the country. Our instructors have logged thousands of dives on wrecks off Jersey, and around the world. This is true adventure diving.
There are hundreds of wrecks a short drive from Captain Ron’s Diving —some of the most exciting diving adventures anywhere. The Wreck Diver Specialty course introduces divers to wreck diving and helps to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe and fun wreck diving.
This Specialty certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver certification.
• The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
• The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
• Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
• Four open water training dives during two days. Typically, two of these are at Dutch Springs, where in-water techniques are introduced.
The minimum age is 15 years old with PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Deep Diver Specialty certification is recommended as a prerequisite for the Wreck Diver program, as wrecks used for training may be located in deep water (more than 18 meters/60 feet)
Materials and Course Cost
- WRECK REEL
- WRECK-PACK (INCLUDES MANUAL, VIDEO AND LOG INSERT)